As of May 01, 2013, the new fee for entry and stay visa to Burkina Faso for US citizens holding regular passport will be o$140. US citizens are eligible for 5 years multiples entries.
Requests are processed within 3 business days. The processing time may be reduced to 24 hours provided that the Applicant pays rush fees: $50 per visa.
Please note, paid fees are nonrefundable.
To make your trip enjoyable and easier, please read the following information carefully.
The following items are required for Visa application:
- A valid passport
- Two (2) application forms to be completed (available at the Embassy front desk or on the website
- Two (2) passport-size photos
- Yellow fever certificate
US citizen are eligible for up to 5 years, multiple entries visa at a cost $140.
The following fees apply for other citizens.
- $105 for 3 months, one entry
- $135 for 3 months, multiple entries
- $145 for 6 months, one entry
- $175 for 6 months, multiple entries
- $190 for one year, one entry
- $220 for one year, multiple entries
Payment should be made by money order or company check only.
Prepaid self-addressed return envelope with a number tracing.
Please note, paid fees are non-refundable
Other Useful Information
Any visa extension must be arranged by the Head Office of the National Police in Ouagadougou.
Requests are processed within 72 working hours. The processing time may be reduced to 24 hours provided the Applicant’s country pays the rush fee of $140 per visa.
Carefully complete the application forms. Any missing or incomplete information may delay your Visa issuance.
Immunization against yellow fever is required. Acholi is the recommended immunization and may become compulsory in the event of cholera outbreak.
Upon Arrival in Burkina Faso
Be aware that photographing airports, military barracks and government offices in the vicinity is prohibited by law.
The national currency (CFA) is the franc, a common currency for Benin, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Guinea-Bissau, Mali, Niger, Senegal, and Togo. A fixed exchange rate has been set for CFA franc, defined as Euro: 655.95 / F CFA = 1 Euro.
In Ouagadougou, Bobo-Dioulasso, Banfora and Koudougou, taxis and car rental are available at reasonable fares.
Hotels, inns, motels and camps are available in all cities, and tourist and safari in areas at wide-ranging prices.
- Airport: (226) 50 15 / 19 3065
- Emergency: (226) 50 30 66 44 / 45
- Police: (226) 50 30 63 83 / 50 30 71 00
- Fire-fighters: (226) 50 30 69 48 / 31 01 70
- Mounted: (226) 50 31 33 40 / 49