Article 106 Personal and Family Code:
Birth registrations must be made within two (2) months
from the date of birth.
Birth registration gives rise to the issue of an original component and a certified copy. Registration shall be drawn up on the basis of a declaration made by one of the parents of the child or by any other person who has witnessed the birth of the child on presentation of an identity document or the Burkinabe passport of the declarant.
The following documents are required for a declaration of birth.
- One (1) copy of the identity document or the Burkinabè passport of the father
- One (1) copy of the mother’s identity document or passport
- One (1) copy of the birth certificate issued by the hospital
- A money order for $20 if registered
- A money order for $40 if unregistered
- Made payable to the Embassy
In addition to the requirements above, please note the following:
- The establishment of a certificate of life, requires the presence of the applicant.
- Any request for service must be accompanied by a request addressed to His Excellency the Ambassador.
- Full addresses and telephone contact numbers must be entered on the application forms.
- To avoid any inconvenience during your trip, always take your visa before traveling.